DO 19, s. 1996 – Transfer of Filipino Students from Abroad to Philippine Schools
February 28, 1996
DO 19, s. 1996
Transfer of Filipino Students from Abroad to Philippine Schools
Heads of Private Elementary/Secondary Schools
- In line with the thrust of DECS to provide educational service to the greatest number of Filipino children and youth and in keeping with the desire to recognize the role of OCWs in nation building, regional directors and other school officials are instructed to facilitate the accommodation of Filipino students from abroad in public and private schools.
- Enrolment of these students particularly those who have been displaced by difficult circumstances in the country, e,g. war, where their parents have been working, should be given particular attention in order not to disrupt their schooling.
- It is understood that those students who are enrolled in schools not accredited with DECS, may have to take validation tests in order to determine proper grade/curriculum year placements.
- It is reminded that the decision to accommodate these students with all its attendant tasks, shall be the primary responsibility of the schools where they desire to study.
- Wide and immediate dissemination of this Order is expected.
DECS Order: No. 26, s. 1994 Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY
Course of Study, SECONDARY
RULES & REGULATIONS