DO 32, s. 1996 – Revised Regional Assignments of Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
To: Bureau, Center and Service Directors
Schools Superintendents and Other Field Officials
All Others Concerned
- In line with the emphasis of the Department that the impact of educational programs and services should be more effectively felt at the local level particularly in remote and inaccessible communities, the policy is hereby reiterated that all DECS officials, including undersecretaries and assistant secretaries, shall devote more time to attend to the needs of local communities particularly of the barangays.
- In support of this policy, the Office of the Secretary is announcing a system of monitoring and problem-solving of issues and concerns emanating from the field. For this purpose, the undersecretaries and assistant secretaries are hereby given the following revised regional assignments:
USEC Erlinda C. Pefianco VI
USEC Alejandro WiIfredo D. Clemente I, VII
USEC Antonio Eduardo B. Nachura VIII, NCR
USEC Gutierrez T. Mangansakan XI, XII
ASEC Josefina B. Nisperos V, X
ASEC Ramon C. Bacani IV, IX
ASEC Reno A. Capinpin III, CARAGA
ASEC Marcial A. Salvatierra II, CAR
- The primary role of the Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries in this system is to act as the Secretary’s representatives in the local communities during their field visits and to assist the regional directors, superintendents and other DECS field officials in resolving issues and concerns raise by local communities which may need the intervention of the Office of the Secretary. It is understood, however, that care should be observed that all decisions should be within the limits of existing department policies.
- This Order supersedes previous issuances not consistent herewith.
- For the guidance of all concerned.
DECS Order: No, 75, s. 1995
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES