DO 43, s. 1996 – Establishment of the Ombudsman Junior Graftwatch Units (JGUs) in Public Secondary Schools and State Colleges and Universities
June 20, 1996
DO 43, s. 1996
Establishment of the Ombudsman Junior Graftwatch Units (JGUs) in Public Secondary Schools and State Colleges and Universities
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Junior Graftwatch Unit is an organization to be established by students and community-based youth organizations as the coordinating arm of the Office of the Ombudsman in the campaign against graft and corruption.
- The JGU shall be formed by the students in close coordination with the Office of the Ombudsman and shall become part of the School’s extra-curricular organizations.
- The program aims to a) direct the: growing concern and awaken the consciousness of young citizens into productive action towards the elimination or reduction of graft and corruption and its effects to the country’s economy; b) develop and ingrain in the youth moral values such as honesty and efficiency; in preparation for their future roles as leaders of the Country; and c) orient the youth on the tasks, functions, and role of the Office of the Ombudsman.
- In response to the request of the Ombudsman for assistance in the effective implementation of the Junior Graftwatch Program, all Ombudsman representatives should be allowed to conduct orientation seminars on Junior Graftwatch in all public secondary schools and state colleges and universities throughout the country.
- Inclosed is a copy of the JGU Concept Paper for the information and guidance of all concerned.
- The wide dissemination and strict compliance of this Order is enjoined.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: