August 30, 1996 – DO 59, s. 1996 – Creation of the Center for Education and Technology
August 30, 1996
DO 59, s. 1996
Creation of the Center for Education and Technology
- In line with the modernization program of this Department to attain quality education towards “Philippines 2000”, a Center for Education and Technology (CET) is hereby created to facilitate and fast track DECS projects and activities involving the utilization of educational technology.
- Its main structure shall be composed of a mini-model of a School of the Future to showcase the modem concepts of a multimedia-aided instructional system and a Showroom where multimedia equipments, facilities and materials are previewed, presented for demonstration, and stored.
- The functions of the Center are:
- facilitates the organization of Schools of the Future and Multimedia Task Forces in the field with the latter overseeing the operational implementation of the former;
- facilitates the development and production of localized multimedia instructional materials;
- provides training for DECS personnel, school administrators, curriculum/subject specialists, and teachers in the utilization of multimedia technology;
- establishes linkages with agencies concerned in the industry of multimedia for cooperative and collaborative endeavor on matters concerning transfer of technology, equipments, and instructional multi-media materials; and
- performs other functions as may be assigned to it.
- Temporarily, the Center shall be manned by the DECS Multimedia Task Force with its Team Leader as Officer-in-Charge until after its staffing pattern and budgetary allocations for its operation have been prepared and approved/provided for. In the meantime, its operational expenditures shall be charged against OSEC funds or from other DECS sources.
- All DECS offices and attached agencies are requested to lend full support to the Center to realize its goal.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired for the guidance and compliance of all concerned.
DECS Memorandum: No. 56, s. 1996
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
It is indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: