October 24, 1996 – DO 74, s. 1996 – Creating the Project Management Advisory Committee for the Third Elementary Education Project
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Bureau, Center and Service Directors
All Others Concerned
- In order to respond more fully to the basic education requirements of provinces with large segments of poor families, particularly in the twenty (20) Social Reform Agenda (SRA) and six (6) Presidential Commission to Fight Poverty (PCFP) provinces, the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP), a major Philippine Government project assisted by the World Bank and the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund (OECF), is scheduled to commence implementation in March 1997.
- In preparation therefore, the TEEP Project Management Advisory Committee (PMAC) is hereby created with membership as follows:
Chairman: TEEP Project Director
Members: Director, Bureau of Elementary Education
Director, Bureau of Secondary Education
Director, Bureau of Nonformal Education
Director, National Educators Academy of the Philippines
Director, School Health and Nutrition Center
Director, Educational Development Project Implementing Task Force
Director, Learning Materials Center (upon creation)
DECS Chief Accountant
President, League of Municipalities of the Philippines
President, League of Governors of the Philippines
Representative of Parents Association
- The TEEP-PMAC shall perform the following functions:
- Provide management advice and assistance to the TEEP Project Director;
- Provide intra-departmental coordination in project operations and activities; and
- Provide venue for articulating local government, community and parental perspectives and concerns and incorporate the same to guide the operations of the project.
- The TEEP-PMAC is directed to convene immediately to assist the TEEP-PISU as created under DECS Memorandum No. 148, s. 1995, in pre-implementation activities.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired for the compliance and guidance of all concerned.
Reference: DECS Memorandum: (No. 148, s. 1995)
Allotment: 1-2-—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: