DO 76, s. 1996 – Implementing Guidelines for DECS Order No. 35, s. 1996 (Revised BPESS Program)
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
- DECS Order No. 35, s. 1996 provides a simple formula to achieve sports excellence among elementary and high school students and at the same time provides talented and potential athletes the opportunity to grow and develop during their ten-year stay in school. The main components of the revised BPESS Sports Program are the following:
- Organization of varsity team in all the 47,000 elementary and high schools all over the country;
- Increased time of PE classes;
- Conduct of more competitions through the Home and Away Games;
- Relevant management and support services, including establishment of Provincial and Regional Sports High Schools or Centers for Sports Excellence; and
- Principal Empowerment and Coordinating Sports Committees at different levels.
- To facilitate Immediate Implementation, the main components of the DECS Order are translated into Programs and Projects with specific guidelines. (Please see Annexes A and B).
- The responsible key officials to implement the programs and projects are the schools superintendents and the school principals or head teachers. Together with the other members of the Sports Committees to be organized at the different levels, they shall serve as the Governing Head. The DECS Central Office, BPESS, BSE, BEE, regional and division offices and all other offices shall provide the necessary administrative and technical support to the new program.
- All other issuances contrary to the provisions of this Order are hereby deemed rescinded.
- For immediate compliance.
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 35, s. 1996)
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES