January 20, 1997 – DO 3, s. 1997 – Creating Anti-Graft and Corruption Task Force/Committees at the DECS Central and Field Offices
January 20, 1997
DO 3, s. 1997
Creating Anti-Graft and Corruption Task Force/Committees at the DECS Central and Field Offices
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
All Others Concerned
- In line with the policy of the current leadership at the Department of Education, Culture and Sports to get rid of grafters and corrupt officials and employees, and pursuant to the Memorandum of H.E. President Fidel V. Ramos dated January 10, 1997, an Anti-Graft, and Corruption Task Force is hereby created at the DECS Central Office to be headed by the undersigned.
- All regional directors and schools superintendents are directed to create similar anti-graft and corruption committees in their respective offices. The committees will handle all graft and corruption matters, cases and reports in the region/ division.
- The Anti-Graft and Corruption Task Force at the Central Office shall have a nationwide coverage. Hence, the members of the Task Force are authorized to look into records, papers and documents in any office at the national, regional, division, and even at the school level, to facilitate the completion of their assigned task. The members of the Central Office Task Force shall directly report their findings and recommendations to the undersigned.
- The Central Office Task Force shall develop within ten (10) days after the issuance of this Order a national operations plan against graft and corruption. The plan shall cover both preventive, prosecutory and rehabilitative measures.
- In order to monitor regularly the various anti-graft and corruption efforts exerted by the different sectors in the Department, the attached forms shall be filled up and submitted every last week of the month to the office of the undersigned, through fax no. 632-0805.
- Expenses incurred in connection with this undertaking shall be chargeable against, the funds of the Office of the Secretary, or of the Regional/Division Office, as the case may be.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is enjoined.
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: