February 14, 1997 – DO 12, s. 1997 – Amendments to DECS Order No. 21, s. 1993, No. 21-A, s. 1993 and No. 20, s. 1994
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Effective this school year 1997-1998, “the following shall form part of the Guidelines on Tuition and Other School Fees in Private Schools, College and Universities under DECS Order No. 21 of April 21, 1993, DECS Order No 21- A of May 1993 and DECS Order No. 20 issued on April 15, 1994.
- Revised Period of Consultation. Consultations must be completed not later than March 30 of every school year. Where formal objections are raised during the consultations and arbitration is sought, the differences should have been resolved before the deadline for filing the certification by May 15 of the school year concerned. Any unresolved cases should have been resolved by May 30 of the school year concerned.
- School Fees. Each elementary and secondary school shall determine its own tuition and other school fee rates subject to the requirement of appropriate consultations with the duly organized parents and teachers associations and faculty association. In the absence of such organizations, consultations shall be held with similar groups from such sectors.
- Revised Period of Submission of Documents. Effective school year 1997-1998, all documents required for purposes of compliance with DECS Order No. 21, 21-A, s. 1993 and No. 20, s. 1994 shall be submitted not later than May 15 of every school year.
- Effectivity. This Order shall take effect immediately. It shall apply to the school year 1997-1998 and to succeeding school years, unless subsequently modified or revoked.
DECS Orders: (Nos. 21 and 21-Av s. 1993; and 20, s. 1994)
Allotment: 1-2-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLLMENT
RULES & REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES