March 5, 1997 – DO 23, s. 1997 – Corrigendum and Addendum to DECS Order No. 61, s. 1996 (Palarong Pambansa 1997)
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Division Schools Superintendent
Presidents of State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools and Universities
Corrigendum and Addendum to DECS Order No. 61, s. 1996 are hereby issued to amend, modify and clarify guidelines on the conduct of the 1997 Palarong Pambansa and its preliminary meets.
- The implementation of Provision No. 5.1.5 for the 1997 Palarong Pambansa is hereby indefinitely deferred/postponed. Said provision is about the participation of athletes who are members of the National Team, Training Pool and Developmental Pool receiving monthly stipends/allowances from the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) as of June 1996, as well as athletes who had represented the Philippines in SEA Games, Asian Games and Olympics.The above mentioned athletes are not allowed to participate in the 1997 Palarong Pambansa
- The Olympic Medal System will be adapted in the 1997 Palaro for awarding championship per sports event. In addition, trophies will also be awarded to the first, second and third place of each sports event.
There will be no General and Divisional Championship, only Championship per sports event.
- Age Limit
Elementary athletes must be born on or after than January 1, 1984, while secondary athletes must be born on or after than January 1, 1978.
- Gymnastics shall be a special event/exhibition game in the 1997 Palarong Pambansa and shall not be included in the point system.
- Additional Ground Roles in Athletics
5.1 In TRIPLE JUMP, the Jumping/Take-Off Board maybe adjusted from 13 meters to as low as possible towards the edge of the jumping pit to suit the age level of the competitors.
5.2 In the SPRINT HURDLES the Standard Height for each level are as follows:
HURDLE EVENTS ELEMENTARY SECONDARY GIRLS BOYS GIRLS BOYS
- 100 M. Hurdle
.762 M. .838 M.
- 400 M. Hurdle
.686 M. .840 M. .762 M. .914 M.
- 110 M. Hurdle
.914 M. 1.067 M.
**Note. These 6 standard heights should be indicated on both upright legs of each hurdle with the corresponding slots (holes) which read as follows:
“ .686 M. 400 MH Elem. Girls “
“ .762 M. 400 MH Sec. Girls “
“ .838 M. 100 MH Sec. Girls “
“ .840 M. 400 MH Elem. Boys “
” .914 M. 110 MH Elem. Boys and 400 MH Sec. Boys “
“ 1.067 M. 110 MH Sec. Boys “
5.3 In the THROWING EVENTS, the weight of each implement/missle shall be as follows:
ELEMENTARY SECONDARY GIRLS BOYS GIRLS BOYS 1. Shot Put 2.72 K 5.44 K 4.00 K 7.250 K 2. Discus Throw .75 K 1.50 K 1.00K 2.00 K 3. Javelin Throw 300 g. 400 g. 600 g. 800 g.
5.4 Correction to Annex C-l of DECS Order No. 61 (Qualifying Standard in Athletics: 100 M. Dash Elementary Boys is 13.3 seconds.)
- Weight Categories in Taekwondo
BOYS GIRLS PIN WEIGHT Not more than 42 kgs. Not more than 35 kgs FLYWEIGHT Not more than 46 kgs. Not more than 39 kgs. BANTAMWEIGHT Not more than 50 kgs. Not more than 43 kgs. FEATHERWEIGHT Not more than 54 kgs. Not more than 47 kgs. LIGHTWEIGHT Not more than 58 kgs. Not more than 51 kgs. WELTERWEIGHT Not more than 64 kgs. Not more than 55 kgs.
- Screening of Athletes (Addendum)
7.1 There shall be no screening of athletes for 1997 Palarong Pambansa. The Regional Directors shall submit in good faith die list of athletes, coaches and officials to the Technical Committee.
7.2 Foreign students shall be allowed to participate in the Palaro provided that their participation shall be limited to 20% of the team composition. In sports events with more than one foreign athlete, die coach can only field one foreign athlete at a time.
- Corrected number of athletes, coaches, chaperons and officials is in Annex A.
- For compliance.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order. (No. 61, s. 1996)
Allotment: 1-2-3-(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: