March 7, 1997 – DO 25, s. 1997 – Constituting the Advisory Council of National Educators Academy of the Philippines
March 7, 1997
DO 25, s. 1997
Constituting the Advisory Council of National Educators Academy of the Philippines
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Regional, Staff Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendent
Vocational School Administrators
President of State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- An Advisory Council of the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) which shall be chaired by the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS), is hereby constituted. The following are designated members of the First Advisory Council of NEAP:
(1) Ms. Carmencita A. Abella
(2) Mr. Ceferino L. Follosco
(3) Dr. Emil Q. Javier
(4) Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, S.J.
(5) Atty. Hermogenes P. Pobre
(6) Mr. Washington Z. Sycip
- The Advisory Council shall determine the policy framework and set the program direction by which NEAP may best respond to the demands for professional competence as well as management and leadership excellence in the educational community prescribed in Administrative Order No. 282 signed by President Corazon C. Aquino on May 27, 1992.
- In response to the law establishing teaching as a profession and mandating its supervision by the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC); NEAP shall be identified as the institution in the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) responsible for providing and managing further education and training opportunities. Hence, NEAP shall enable compliance by all private and public school teachers of the “Continuing Professional Education (CPE) now made a requisite for license renewal. This function shall be in addition to those functions already enumerated in Section 2 of A.O. No. 282.
- There shall be established a NEAP Office at the Central Office of the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS). NEAP Zonal Offices shall be set up in Baguio City, in Cebu City and in Davao City. The organizational structure and staffing pattern of NEAP provided in Section 4 of A.O. No. 282 shall be fully implemented for the NEAP Central Office. Beginning FY 1997, five (5%) of the annual budgetary allocation for In-Service Teacher Training (INSET) shall be assigned to fund NEAP operations.
- Undersecretary Erlinda C. Pefianco shall exercise supervision, in behalf of the Secretary, Over the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP).
- For immediate and widest dissemination.
DECS Order: No. 63, s. 1992
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES