March 13, 1997 – DO 29, s. 1997 – Creating an Asset Management Team in the Department Of Education, Culture and Sports
Schools Division Superintendents
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Department of Education, Culture and Sports would like to promote enterprise development in order to achieve self-reliance in fund sourcing and management. To realize this objective, an Asset Management Team shall be created in the regional offices to complement the B.O.T. Management Team in the Central Office. The Team shall have the following functions:
1.1 Make an inventory of the assets of the Department in all regional and division offices, including those which may be utilized for income generation. From the inventory, the team must identify and submit immediately to this Office three (3) priority assets. These assets must be ranked according to their viability and attainability.
1.2 Coordinate the activities such as research, market analysis or advisory report preparation and distribution, networking and interactions with private business and government support organizations, related to the development of existing assets.
1.3 Coordinate with various organizations which may be tapped to provide technical and financial assistance in the development of identified assets of the Department.
1.4 Make the necessary recommendations to management regarding the conversion of existing assets to income-generating endeavors.
1.5 Render periodic reports to the DECS management regarding the status of implementation of various business development projects.
- All regional directors are hereby directed to constitute their respective Asset Management Teams and submit the names of the members to the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance and Administration (Attn.: Employees Welfare and Benefits Division).
- The first task of the regional management team is to make an inventory of all existing assets of the Department in the public schools with potentials for development into income generating endeavors. The list of such assets including a brief report on their development to business endeavors must also be submitted to the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance and Administration.
- To provide technical manpower support to effectively and efficiently implement this program, heads of offices at the Central and field offices are invited to recommend two (2) DECS personnel with business management background. The curriculum vitae of each recommendee must be submitted to the Employees Welfare and Benefits Division (EWBD), DECS Central Office, where three (3) of the recommendees will be detailed.
- The regional asset management teams shall submit periodic reports to the Central Office B.O.T. management team which in turn shall render periodic reports to the Office of the Secretary on the status of various business development projects.
- Immediate and widest dissemination of this Memorandum to all concerned is desired.
Allotment: l-2-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: