July 28, 1997 – DO 56, s. 1997 – Reconstituting the DECS Disposal Committees
July 28, 1997
DO 56, s. 1997
Reconstituting the DECS Disposal Committees
To: Bureau Directors
- In line with the national government’s policy to expedite the disposal of unserviceable, obsolete and/or excess equipment, supplies and materials and properties of the government to avoid further deterioration, especially those exposed to the elements, a Disposal Committee is hereby organized in all the regional and division offices of the DECS, as mandated in Executive Order No. 285, s. 1995 of the President of the Philippines, entitled “Reconstituting the Disposal Committee Created Under E.O, No. 285” (copy inclosed).
- The Reconstituted Disposal committee shall be composed of the following:
- Regional Office
Chairman – Regional Director
Member – Regional Administrative Officer
Member – Head, Property Unit
- Division Office
Chairman – Schools Division Superintendent Mender – Division Administrative Officer Member – Head, Property Unit
- Regional Office
- As envisioned in this Order, disposal shall refer to the manner or scheme of taking away, depriving, withdrawing of an authority, power of title. Disposal connotes divestment and/or withdrawal of such possession and title (Black’s Law Dictionary, Rev. 4th Edition; Webster’s New School/Office).
- Pursuant to existing laws on the matter, the full and sole responsibility for the divestment or disposal of property and other assets owned by the DECS shall be lodged in the Disposal Committees, following the prescribed audit guidelines of the Commission on Audit (COA) as enumerated in COA Circular No. 89-296 dated January 27, 1989 (copy inclosed) and other issuances relative thereto, except Section VII on COA Role During Disposal. (Copy inclosed)
- Strict compliance with this Order is desired.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: