September 17, 1997 – DO 66, s. 1997 – Prescribing a DECS Uniform for Teachers and Non-Teaching Personnel Nationwide
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Vocational School Superintendents, Administrators, Principals
- In the past, all the officials and employees of DECS — teaching and non- teaching personnel — had a common uniform. Thus, it was not uncommon that non–teaching school officials and employees who visit schools at different times of the day are mistaken by the public as teachers arriving in schools late or leaving the schools early. Accordingly, school officials and other non-teaching DECS personnel in the Central, Regional and Division Offices and High Schools shall wear uniforms different from those prescribed for teaching personnel.
- For this purpose, a Committee on DECS Uniforms for Teachers and Non- Teaching Personnel, composed of Undersecretary Antonio E. B. Nachura as Chairman, Assistant Secretary Josefina B. Nisperos and BNFE Director Rosario J. de Guzman as members, together with representatives of line Bureaus and Regional Offices, after a thorough selection process, recommended the following designs and colors which shall be worn on the days indicated opposite the design, as follows:
- For Non-Teaching Personnel:
- Gala Uniform (See Sketch as ANNEX “1” hereof) – Monday
- Design “A” (See Sketch as ANNEX “2” hereof) – Tuesday
- Design “B” (See Sketch as ANNEX “3” hereof) – Wednesday
- Design “C” (See Sketch as ANNEX “4” hereof) – Thursday
- For Teachers:
- Gala Uniform (Same Gala Uniform for – Monday non-teaching personnel)
- Design “D” (See Sketch as ANNEX “5” hereof) – Tuesday
- Design’ “E” (See Sketch.as ANNEX “6” hereof) – Wednesday
- Design “F” (See Sketch as ANNEX “7” hereof) – Thursday
- For Non-Teaching Personnel:
- Gala Uniform (See Sketch as ANNEX “8” hereof) – Monday
- Design “G” (See Sketch as ANNEX “9” hereof) – Tuesday
- Design “H” (See Sketch as ANNEX “10” hereof) – Wednesday
- Design “I” (See Sketch as ANNEX “11” hereof) – Thursday
Note: There will be no prescribed uniform for both non-teaching personnel and teachers during Fridays for male and female personnel.
- However, in cases where public school officials conduct field supervision or go to the schools located in mountainous areas or in islands requiring travel by boat, they shall be allowed to wear pants of the same color and cloth as the uniform, instead of the prescribed skirt. Female teachers and staff assigned in these areas are also allowed to wear pants.
- School officials who occupy third level positions embraced by the Career Executive Service shall have a separate set of uniforms. A committee will be formed to select the uniforms for this group of officials.
- With the full clothing allowance (P2,000.00 per employee) having been released in cash to the individual DECS officials and employees, each of them shall be given the option to make their own arrangements in regard to the prices and quality of services, whether textiles, garments or sewing services, in the acquisition of their respective uniforms.
- However, all DECS teachers and employees are encouraged to purchase their uniforms from or through the Teacher’s associations and/or Cooperatives.
- The newly prescribed uniforms shall be required to be worn by all DECS officials, teachers and non-teaching personnel starting on January 2, 1998.
- The following personnel are exempt from wearing the prescribed DECS uniform:
(a) Medical and Dental Staff, who shall wear the white gown regularly and traditionally used by such personnel; and
(b) Janitors and Maintenance personnel.
Please be guided accordingly.
Encls.: As stated
References: DECS Memorandum Nos. 339, s. 1994 and 44, s. 1995
Allotment: 1 — (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS