September 30, 1997 – DO 69, s. 1997 – Amendment to DECS Order 62, S. 1997 and DECS Memorandum 340, s. 1997 Re: Approved Textbooks and Teacher’s Manuals for SY 1998-1999 Amended by DO 1, s. 1998 – Amendment to DECS Orders 62 and 69, s. 1997 Re. Approved Textbooks and Teacher’s Manuals for Use in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
School Principals or Heads
DECS Resident Auditors
All others concerned
- Revised Schedule for Selection and Ordering of Textbooks and Teacher’s Manuals by School Officials. The schedules indicated in DECS Memorandum 340, a. 1997 are hereby updated as:
Not later than November 21, 1997
Elementary schools submit their orders to their respective District Offices;
High schools submit their orders to Division OfficesNovember 17 to December 19, 1997
District and Division Offices consolidate orders and check correctness of orders against indicative budget allocations;
District consolidated orders submitted to Division Offices for fur¬ther consolidation with other orders;
All Division consolidated orders submit-Regional Offices.Before Dec. 31, 1997
DECS Regional Offices consolidate orders from all the division offices and then issue the corresponding purchase orders to concerned publishers
- It is again reiterated that only materials indicated in DECS Order 62, s. 1997 including those with corrected entries in this DECS Order and which are included in the CY 1998 DECS Catalogue of Approved Textbooks and Teacher’s Manual can be purchased by DECS Regional Offices using their respective CY 1997 appropriation for textbooks and teacher’s manuals as indicated in DECS Memorandum 340, s. 1997. Public elementary and secondary schools may estimate their respective indicative budget allocation by multiplying their current school enrolment by twenty pesos (P20) in the event that they do not receive any other indicative budget information, from their respective regional or division office prior to their selection of materials to order.
- Technical Specifications. The technical specifications of all approved textbooks and teacher’s manuals to be purchased using government funds following the prices indicated in DECS Order 62, s. 1997 and those corrected in this DECS Order are contained in Annex 1.
- Please be informed that prices of certain textbooks and teacher’s manuals of Rex Book Store, Inc. as indicated in DECS Order 62, s. 1997 were found to be erroneous. The correct prices of these materials are indicated in Annex 2 of this DECS Order.
- Also, please be informed that the title of the Grade 3 Physical Education material of Esteem Enterprises listed as Attachment to DECS Order 62, s. 1997 and also in page 41 of the other entries connected with this title in both DECS Order 62 and CY 1998 DECS Catalogue remain correct.
- It is desired that this DECS Order be disseminated to all concerned as soon as possible. Moreover, it is desired that this DECS Order be distributed simultaneously with DECS Order 62, s. 1997 and DECS Memorandum 340 s. 1997 and/or with the CY 1998 DECS Catalogue.
Incls.: As stated
References: DECS Order: (No. 62, s. 1997
DECS Memorandum: (No. 340, s. 1997)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: