September 30, 1997 – DO 70, s. 1997 – Remittance of Scouting Membership Fees (Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts Fees)
To: Bureau Directors
- Reports have reached this office that schools are collecting the boy and girl scout membership fees at the beginning of the school year during enrollment period. However, many of these schools remit these fees through their leaders at the end of the school year instead of remitting the fees in time for the unit re-registration.
- To avoid instances of leaders/schools paying for the insurance claims benefits of boys and girls due to late remittances of membership fees to the BSP/GSP Headquarters, hereunder are the following procedures for registering their troops:
- The BSP/GSP unit/troop leader collects the membership fees from the boys/girls during the enrollment period (membership fees are P20.00/boy and P25.00/girl).
- To organize a unit/troop, there should be a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of 35 boys/minimum of six (6) and a maximum of 40 girls, troop leader and co-leader for girl scout troops, a unit leader, one or two assistant unit leaders; and committee members for Boy Scouts. Once the unit/troop leader has collected the membership fees for at least six (6) girls/eight (8) boys, the amount should be remitted not more than a week after its receipt from the Scout/Troop Leader to the Local BSP/GSP Council Headquarters.
- The Local BSP/GSP Council Headquarters issues an official receipt to the Troop/School and the corresponding number of membership cards for the registered members.
- The membership card serves as an official receipt of the individual paying members.
- Everyone is enjoined to check that BSP/GSP membership dues and other Boy/Girl Scouting related contributions are remitted on time to the Local Council Headquarters.
- Dissemination of the contents of this Order to all concerned is desired.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 27, s. 1995
Allotment: l-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: