October 6, 1997 – DO 76, s. 1997 – Guidelines in the Implementation of Section 36, Personnel Benefits Fund of Republic Act No. 8250
October 6, 1997
DO 76, s. 1997
Guidelines in the Implementation of Section 36, Personnel Benefits Fund of Republic Act No. 8250
To: Bureau Directors
- The following guidelines are hereby issued for the implementation of Section 36 of Republic Act No. 8250 or the General Appropriations Act of 1997 to wit:
“Section 36 Personnel Benefits Fund – The provision of Letter of Instructions No. 1102 notwithstanding the government shares in the compulsory contributions mandated by Presidential Decree No. 1146, Republic Act No. 6111 and Presidential Decree 626, as amended, shall be remitted directly by said bureaus, offices and agencies to the Government Service Insurance System and the Home Development Mutual Fund.”
- The guidelines shall cover all DECS officials and employees with permanent status and with government shares of compulsory contribution premiums due the GSIS as mandated under Section 36 of R.A. No. 8250.
- The DECS Central Office and Regional Offices have the responsibilities to remit the government shares directly to GSIS. The division and field offices shall submit a list of names of personnel with their corresponding government share contributions to their respective Regional Offices.
- The DECS Central Office will take charge in remitting both personal and government shares for elementary and NCR secondary teachers whose payroll for salaries have been prepared by DECS Payroll Services Division.
- All DECS Bureaus, Centers and Regional Offices shall remit directly to the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) the current government share contributions/premiums together with the personal shares effective January 1997.
- Funds for this purpose shall be provided by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
- This Order shall take effect January 1997.
Allotment: 1–(D O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES
RULES & REGULATIONS