October 20, 1997 – DO 80, s. 1997 – Administration of a Special Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) to Members of Cultural Communities
October 20, 1997
DO 80, s. 1997
Administration of a Special Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) to Members of Cultural Communities
To: Bureau Directors
Private Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- In line with the DECS policy on “Education For All” (EFA), a special Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) will be administered to all bonafide and qualified members of cultural communities nationwide on January 26, 1998 from 8:00 o’clock in the morning to 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour noon break. Only out-of-school and overaged in-school (elementary/secondary) Filipino citizens and who belong to any indigenous groups (e.g. Badjao, Igorot, Muslim, Mangyan, etc.) in the Philippines, aged 16-30 years are eligible to take the test.
- Deadline for registration of applicants will be on November 30, 1997 in all division offices. Each applicant shall pay a non-refundable fee of fifty pesos (P50.00). He shall likewise submit a copy of his Birth Certificate, if available, if not, a certification to his place/date of birth wili suffice and 2 copies of his recent picture (1 x 1). The number of registrants by division shall be sent to the NETRC not later than December 15. Non-submission of the report on time may affect the allocation of the correct number of test materials for each testing center.
- The regional directors through the Local Examination Managements (LEMs) shall be responsible for the effective administration of the Special PEPT.
- The National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC) shall monitor the conduct of the activity from the period of registration to the day of the test administration. All division officer shall coordinate with the NETRC on the designation of testing centers nationwide and subsequently of the release and dissemination of examination results.
- Guidelines and other pertinent rules and regulations relative to the administration of the Special PEPT shall follow.
- Immediate and widest dissemination of this Order is desired for the guidance and information of all concerned.
DECS Memorandum: No. 402, s. 1996
Allotment: 1-3—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS