October 28, 1997 – DO 84, s. 1997 – Schools Insurance Policies
To: Regional Directors
Private Elementary and Secondary School Principals
- Inclosed is a reproduced copy of a clipping published in the Manila Bulletin on October 16, 1997.
- It is requested that the allegations of Sen. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo that public school teachers are being required by their superiors to take out various insurance policies be investigated if found to be true, it should be stopped immediately and that appropriate disciplinary action should be taken against those responsible therefore.
- It has always been the policy of this Office that insurance policies for public school teachers should only be on a voluntary basis.
- A report of the action taken on this directive should be submitted not later than the end of November 1997.
- Strict compliance with this Order is requested.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment 1-3-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: