October 28, 1997 – DO 85, s. 1997 – Implementing Guidelines on the Institutionalization of the Annual DAMATHS Awards for Excellence in Math and Science
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads of Private Schools
- The Department of Education, Culture and Sports, in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology and Hato-Bakmi Foundation, hereby institutionalizes the annual DAMATHS Awards for Excellence in Math and Science to be held every last Thursday of February. DAMATHS is an adaptation of learner-friendly recreational sci-math indigenous dama boardgame. Its main objective focuses on the enhancement of die culture of excellence in Mathematics and Science.
- Participants in this activity are the pupils/students who garnered First Prize in the regional DAMATHS competition together with their coaches, chaperones and facilitators.
- Enclosed in this Order are the implementing guidelines for said annual national activity.
- A registration fee of EIGHT HUNDRED FIFTY PESOS (P850.00) shall be charged each participant. Travel and other incidental expenses including the registration fee of contestants, coaches, chaperones, facilitators in the national competition shall be charged against local funds subject to its availability and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. Private school participants may make arrangements with their respective institutions. It is reminded, however, that the existing policy on non-disruption of classes shall be observed relative to the said activity.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is expected.
DECS Memorandum: No. 348, s. 1996
Allotment: l–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
PRIZES or AWARDS