Bureau and Center Directors
Chiefs of Divisions
Other Offices/Personnel Concerned
1. In line with the implementation of the Third Elementary Education Project and to fast track its current activities, the signing authority for its financial and other essential services is hereby defined.
2. The Project Director and in his/her absence, any of the Deputy Project Directors shall sign documents pertaining to:
a. approval of voucher and counter signing of checks amounting to One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pesos and above or its US dollar equivalent;
b. annual budget proposal for the project;
c. Memorandum of Agreements with other fiscal agencies;
d. contracts of personnel/consultancy and other services when the amount involved is One Million Pesos and above or its US dollar equivalent; and
e. matters that will involve Department policy decision.
3. The Project Manager shall sign documents pertaining to:
a. approval of vouchers and countersigning of checks amounting to less than One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pesos or its US dollar equivalent;
b. payroll for personnel services and other related matters regardless of the amount involved;
c. purchase orders amounting to less than One Million Pesos or its US dollar equivalent;
d. authority to travel of TEEP personnel within the country;
e. authority to conduct seminars, workshops or related type activities
4. The Assistant Project Manager may also sign in the absence of the Project Manager provided that the amount involved does not exceed Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (P250,000.00) for items 3.a and 3.c.
5. The Schools Superintendent may also sign voucher/contracts or other matters pertaining to the school building program provided the amount does not exceed Two Million Pesos (P2M), One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (P1.5M) for other capital outlay and One Million Pesos (P1M) for other TEEP matters or their equivalent amounts in US dollars. This provision shall be limited only on TEEP matters within the division.
6. All DECS offices and personnel are advised to observe and be guided by this Order on matters pertaining to TEEP implementation.
7. Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is strictly enjoined.
ERLINDA C. PEFIANCO
Reference: DECS Order: No. 51, s. 1996
Allotment: l—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: