March 22, 1999 – DO 32, s. 1999 – Creation of the Task Force Engineering, Assessment and Monitoring (TFEAM)
March 22, 1999
DO 32, s. 1999
Creation of the Task Force Engineering, Assessment and Monitoring (TFEAM)
1. In line with the thrust of the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) to ensure faster and efficient delivery of infrastructure requirements of the country’s educational system, particularly m the assessment and repair of school buildings, the Task Force Engineering, Assessment and Monitoring (TFEAM) is hereby created,:; which will be chaired by Undersecretary Antonio A. S. Valdes,
2. The TFEAM is an off-shoot of the continuing re-engineering of the DECS which aims mainly to assess all typhoon damaged school buildings, prepare cost estimates, drawings, if necessary, and submit recommendations to the Undersecretary for Budget and Finance for funding. The Team will also perform other engineering tasks as directed by the Undersecretary for investigation, project monitoring, materials testing and, in some cases, will act as direct engineering representative of DECS to monitor projects under the supervision and control of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
3. The organizational structure and flowchart are inclosed (Inclosures 1 and 2).
4. The functions of the TFEAM are as follows; a) to undertake engineering and architectural design of all public school buildings in the country; b) to implement the construction and repairs of all school buildings/facilities nationwide in coordination With the respective DECS regional offices and the Local Government Unit (LGU) concerned; c) responsible in the assessment and costing of all DECS infrastructure projects;, and. d) responsible in the monitoring of all DECS infrastructure projects; evaluation of progress or delay of its implementation, ensuring that all specifications are complied with, and recommending measures needed.
5. Expenses needed in the operation of the TFEAM shall be chargeable against OSEC funds, subject to its availability and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. The creation of the TFEAM is effective immediately.
7. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
ANDREW GONZALES, FSC
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: