4. “Project Dish” shall establish an educational network that will improve and equalize the quality of education over the whole archipelago.
Specifically, the objectives of the project are the following:
- Provide access to information to all learners of basic education;
- Empower the people especially the young through information technology;
- Enhance a communication network through a satellite technology to all schools and learning centers in the Philippines.
5. As per Memorandum of Agreement dated December 16, 1998 between DECS and H.T. Telesis, the; Executive Committee responsible for the overall policy guidelines re: “Project Dish” shall be headed by Assistant Secretary Emmanuel M, Mariano as the Chairman with Mr. Hector Thomas A. Navasero. Chairman and CEO of H.T. Telesis Incorporated; and Mr. Jolly Corporation, as members.
6. To ensure the smooth and successful implementation of the project, the Project Management Committee is hereby organized. It shall be headed by the Chairman of the Executive Committee, and comprised of the members of the Executive Committee, Chairs of the Secretariat, Technical Curriculum Development and Program Acquisition and Teacher’s Training committees of DECS and H.T. Telesis Incorporated.
7. The Project Management Committee will be primarily responsible for providing overall Operational guidelines, and management and coordination of the project implementation
8. The project and its monitoring and evaluation shall be executed by the various committees constituted by the officials and staff as indicated in enclosure 1.
9. The Project Management Committee Office shall be located at the Center for Education Technology (CET) G-Floor, Bonifacio Building, DECS Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City; Telephone Numbers: 635-7369,: 632-1361 locals 2086, 2165 & 2170: Telefax Number 631-9636,
10. All expenses incurred for this project by the DECS personnel shall be charged against Education Technology Project Funds under the Special Provisions of the DECS Budget subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
11. All DECS agencies and units are directed to provide assistance and support to the Project Management Committee.
12. Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: