September 8, 1999 DO 97, s. 1999 – Formation of the DECS-OSEC Special Events Unit for Coordination of Cultural and Special Events of DECS
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Head of Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Government-initiated celebrations like the Civil Service Commission, Earth Day Movement, EDS A Commission Project, NCCA Cultural Activities;, ERAP Cultural Summit, and DSWD projects for children, Earth Savers, etc..,
- DECS-CO special and cultural events like Family Week, UN Week, Linggo ng Wika, Christmas Celebrations, etc.
- DECS-Regional/division/District/School Cultural and other related events and activities endorsed by a DECS Memorandum.
- Special projects of private organizations, NGO’s, which are require DECS participation in educational and cultural projects like the NAMCYA for musically gifted children, and other projects for out=of-school youth and special children, etc.; projects with foreign embassies and international organization like UNICEF, and other groups.
4. The DECS Special Events Unit under the Office of the Secretary is composed of the following:
Chairman ————————————- DR. NILO L ROSAS
Undersecretary for Programs, Projects &
Assistant Chairman ————————-ALICE A. PANARES
NEAP Deputy Director
Liaison Officer —————————— ERNA G. ARAGON
Head Executive Assistant
Project Development Officers ———– LUZVIMINDA F. DELA ROSA
CECILIA R. MENDOZA
5. The SPECIAL EVENTS UNITS is located a the 5th Floor, Bonifacio Building, University of Life Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, with Tel./Fax No. 637-58-34. It can also be reached at Tel. No. 632-23-61 (71) local No. 2210-2211.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Reference: N o n e
Allotment: 1—(D.O 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: