January 11, 2000 DO 2, s. 2000 – Limited Changes in the Composition of Provinces under the Third Elementary Education Project
January 11, 2000
DO 2, s. 2000
Limited Changes in the Composition of Provinces under the Third Elementary Education Project
Bureau, Center and Service Directors
All Others Concerned
- Due to overlapping coverage of provinces under similar or parallel educational projects, the composition and participation of provinces under the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP) is hereby revised/modified in order to maximize capital investment in education and to cover a larger number of beneficiaries.
- Effective Calendar Year 2000, the provinces of Basilan, Maguindanao, Tawi-Tawi and Sulu will receive limited inputs from the Project such as textbooks and instructional materials. These provinces are proposed recipients of two pipeline projects, namely, the Mindanao Basic Education Development Project (MBEDP) and the Australian Aid (AusAid) Project called Mindanao Basic Education and Community Needs (MBEACON).
- To take the place of these four provinces in TEEP are Negros Occidental, Aklan and Iloilo. These changes were recommended by the Project Management Advisory Committee (PMAC) and approved by President Joseph Ejercito Estrada.
- This decision was reached after a long study, consultations and deliberations with the two funding institutions, World Bank and OECF. The study showed that the MBEDP and MBEACON are being formulated to make basic education relevant to the culture and special need of Mindanao.
- In view of this development, efforts should now be undertaken to facilitate TEEP implementation in the provinces of Negros Occidental, Aklan and Iloilo.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is hereby enjoined for the compliance and guidance of all parties concerned.
Reference: DECS Order: Nos. 51, s. 1995 and 33, s. 1997
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: