March 14, 2000 DO 16, s. 2000 – Clarification on the Issuance of Special Orders for Graduating Students of Philippine Schools Abroad
March 14, 2000
DO 16, s. 2000
Clarification on the Issuance of Special Orders for Graduating Students of Philippine Schools Abroad
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- In consonance with Article XIII, Section 73 of the Manual of Regulations for Philippine Schools Abroad, appropriate clarificatory guidelines on the issuance of Special Orders, are being given:
- Special Orders, issued by DECS (Attn.: Bureau of Secondary Education) are required only for graduates of the secondary education program. These are issued only for graduates of accredited Philippine schools abroad;
- In the case of elementary school graduates, only a certification on their skills proficiency achievement together with a notification of the completion of the program is required to be submitted to DECS (Attn.: Bureau of Elementary Education); and
- Application for Special Orders shall be filed by the school with DECS through the Department of Foreign Affairs (Attn.: Commission on Filipino Overseas) not later than sixty (60) days before the scheduled graduation. It shall include the list of names of prospective graduates duly certified as true and correct by the chairman of the school governing board.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpetual lndex under the following subjects: