March 22, 2000 DO 19, s. 2000 – School Calendar for SY 2000-2001
March 22, 2000
DO 19, s. 2000
School Calendar for SY 2000-2001
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Principals
- For school year 2000-2001, the following dates and periods will be observed:
- The school year for elementary and secondary levels will begin on Monday, June 5, 2000 and end on March 30, 2001. It shall consist of two hundred five (205) class days inclusive of the 5-day Mid¬year Program Review and Evaluation as per DECS Order No. 36, s. 1997.
- The Christmas break will begin on Friday, December 22 and classes will resume on Tuesday, January 2, 2001.
- The summer classes for the secondary level will begin on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 and end on Tuesday, May 22, 2001. The summer class will consist of a 3-hour and 42 minutes session per unit daily for 36 days including Saturday.
- In addition to regular and special holidays authorized in Executive Order No. 203 promulgated on June 30, 1987, the observance of other school holidays will be allowed provided the minimum number of class hours and class days are observed.
- The dates given in this calendar will be compulsory for public elementary and secondary schools. Private schools may deviate from this calendar provided that they do not open earlier than the 1st Monday of June nor later than the 3rd Monday of June of each year and that they meet the minimum number of class days and the appropriate DECS Office is notified in advance.
- The 2000-2001 DECS School Calendar and the distribution of class days by month and grading period are hereby enclosed.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of the contents of this Order is desired.
DECS Order: No. 16, s. 1999
Allotment: 1—(D O. 50-97)
To be indicat ed in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: