DO 29, s. 2001 – Designating the Project Director, Deputy Project Directors and Alternate Deputy Project Directors for All Foreign-Assisted Projects (FAPs) Amended by DO 48, s. 2001 – Amending DECS Order No. 29, S. 2001 Dated July 13, 2001 (Designating the Project Director, Deputy Project Directors and Alternative Deputy Project Directors for All Foreign-Assisted Projects (FAPs)
July 13, 2001
DO 29, s. 2001
Designating the Project Director, Deputy Project Directors and Alternate Deputy Project Directors for All Foreign-Assisted Projects (FAPs)
Bureau, Center and Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. Pursuant to the terms of the grant and loan agreements and to standardize the assignments for accountabilities and efficiency of foreign-assisted projects (FAPs), the Secretary of the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) shall be the Project Director of all FAPs. The Project Director (PD) shall provide the necessary policy guidance and direction in the implementation of the various activities of all FAPs.
2. The Deputy Project Director (DPD) shall assist the PD in the performance of his function. Undersecretary Ernesto S. Pangan is the DPD for the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP), the Secondary Education Development and Improvement Project (SEDIP) and the Social Expenditure Management Project (SEMP). Undersecretary Isaganl R. Cruz is the DPD for the Country Program for Children V, the Early Childhood Care and Development Project (ECDP), the Project on Basic Education (PROBE), Hastening the Impact of PROBE (HIP), the Basic Education Assistance for Mindanao (BEAM) and the Non-Formal Education Project (NFEP). Undersecretary Ramon C. Bacani Is the DPD for the Belgian Integrated Agrarian Reform Support Project (BIARSP), the Educational Facilities Improvement Project (EFIP), the Technical Assistance, Decentralization of Basic Education Management (TA-DBEM) and the Technical Assistance, Education Sector Development Program (TA-ESDP).
3. An Alternate Deputy Project Director (ADPD) is designated to assume the responsibilities of the Project Director or his Deputy in case of their inability or absence, unless otherwise delegated to another officer. Undersecretary Ernesto S. Pangan is the ADPD for EFIP, Undersecretary Isagani R. Cruz is the ADPD for TEEP, SEDIP, BIARSP, TA-DBEM and TA-ESDP. Undersecretary Ramon C. Bacani is the ADPD for SEMP, CPC V, ECDP, PROBE/BEAM/HIP, NFEP.
4. A Project Implementation Consultancy Team shall assist the PD and DPDs In Implementing the FAP’s. It shall report directly to the Secretary.
5. Approving and signing authority for FAPs’ non-financial transactions are contained in a separate issuance, while signatories for the financial transactions shall be in accordance with the Office Order dated March 8, 2001.
6. The designation of the DPD and ADPD for pipeline FAPs shall be made when these are approved for implementation.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is enjoined.
RAUL S. ROCO