DO 14, s. 2003 – 2003 Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
School Superintendents/District Supervisors
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The theme of the 2003 Graduation Rites shall focus on Nation Building through Quality Education.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, this Office reiterates the Department’s policy on the collection of fees for graduation rites. School heads are reminded to observe the following:
- Public Schools are not allowed to collect compulsory contributions for graduation rites.
- PTA/PTCA’s may solicit voluntary contributions from their members for graduation ceremonies and celebrations. Their members should be informed about the use of any contributions for graduation.
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required.
- Collections for the annual yearbook should likewise be on a voluntary basis.
- The pinning of the symbolic pin by the President of the PTA/PTCA shall be part of the graduation program in April 2003 as stated in DepEd Memorandum No. 29, s. 2003.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
References: DepEd Order: No. 3, s. 2002
DepEd Memorandum: (No. 29, s. 2003)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: