DO 17, s. 2003 – Clarification on the Grant/Entitlement of the Extra Year-End Cash Gift
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Chiefs of Divisions
- This Order is being issued to clarify the provision stated in the Unnumbered Memorandum dated December 12, 2002 regarding the grant/entitlement of the extra year- end cash gift, to wit:”extra year-end cash gift…will be given to all officials and employees who have served at least four (4) months of continuous service and who are in the government payroll as of October 31, 2002.”
- The officials and employees mentioned above who are under the following instances from January 1 to October 31,2002 are entitled to receive the extra year-end cash gift:
- those who have rendered at least a total or an aggregate of four (4) months of service including leaves of absence with pay:
- those who are on approved leave without pay but have rendered at least a total or an aggregate of four (4) months of service provided they are not yet dropped from the rolls: and
- those who have rendered less than four (4) months of service (prorated cash gift).
- Officials and employees under the following instances as of October 31 are not entitled to said benefits:
- those who are absent without leave (AWOL);
- those who are no longer in the service due to retirement/resignation/separation/death or for whatever reasons;
- those who are hired not as part of the organic manpower of DepEd; and
- those who are formally charged with administrative or criminal cases which relate to facts of omissions in connection with their official duties and functions and guilty in the year the decision was handed down, if the penalty meted out is only a reprimand, however, said employee is entitled to receive said benefits.
- For strict compliance of all concerned.
Unnumbered Memorandum dated December 12, 2002
Allotment 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: