DO 21, s. 2003 – The Use of the International Reference Standard (IRS) In Determining the Nutritional Status (NS) of Filipino Children
March 25, 2003
DO 21, s. 2003
The Use of the International Reference Standard (IRS) In Determining the Nutritional Status (NS) of Filipino Children
To: Bureau Director (BEE)
School Health and Nutrition Center
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary Schools
- Starting School Year (SY) 2003-2004, the International Reference Standard (IRS) shall be used to conduct the nutritional assessment of school children. The school nurses shall be fully responsible for the conduct of such assessments at the start (June-July) and end (February-March) of the school year. Teachers are enjoined to assist in the assessment, more specifically on the weight and height measurement of children below 10 years of age.
- The use of IRS in the assessment of Nutritional Status (NS) reflects the maximum growth potential of children without limiting the competitive potential within the boundaries of their country.
- Reports on the NS of children shall be submitted to the School Health and Nutrition Center (SHNC) at telefax no. (02) 633-72-45 before the 15th day of October for the baseline data; and on or before the 15th day of April, the following year, for the endline data.
- The revised Nutritional Status Report Forms (NSRF), Instructions on How to Use the Revised Form and the International Growth Tables shall be used for ready reference and possible replication at the local level. Please see enclosures.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
As stated Reference:
None Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: