DO 54, s. 2003 – Clarificatory Guidelines per DepEd Order No. 35, s. 2003 (Implementation of the Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) at the Fourth Year High School Level)
June 30, 2003
DO 54, s. 2003
Clarificatory Guidelines per DepEd Order No. 35, s. 2003 (Implementation of the Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) at the Fourth Year High School Level)
To : Undersecretaries
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- Contrary to news reports that the Citizen Army Training in the secondary education curriculum is being retained in its old design, it should be clarified that the said subject has been restructured into Citizenship Advancement Training per DepEd Order No. 35, s. 2003. The guidelines as stipulated in that Order shall be used as basis in the operationalization of the program.
- Relatedly, the following previous issuances granting exemption to Scouts from taking CAT shall still be observed:
- DECS Order No. 106, s. 1998 Revised Rules on the Exemption of Scouts from CAT
- DECS Order No. 30, s. 1999 Revised Rules on the Exemption of Girl Scouts from CAT
- All other issuances or rules and regulations that are inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- For more information, please call:
Office of the Secretary
Bureau of Secondary Education
Direct line: (02) 633-7242
Trunk line: (02) 632-1361 local 2060
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
References: DepEd Order: (No. 35, S. 2003)
DECS Orders: Nos. 106, s. 1998; and 30, s. 1999
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: