DO 58, s. 2003 – Organization of Preschool Classes Under the Preschool Service Contracting Scheme SY 2003-2004
July 17, 2003
DO 58, s. 2003
Organization of Preschool Classes Under the Preschool Service Contracting Scheme SY 2003-2004
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The low performance and low participation rates for elementary pupils have been attributed to poor foundation of basic education particularly at the Preschool and Grade I levels. These are revealed in the National Elementary Assessment Test (NSAT).
- Cognizant of the importance of developing the readiness skills of the pupils to tackle learning activities in the formal setting, the Department of Education has launched an innovative education program, the Preschool Service Contracting Scheme. This is an alternative delivery system to provide preschool experience to prospective Grade I children in the fifth and sixth class municipalities, urban slums and relocation areas.
- Monitoring data revealed that through the program, children experienced smoother transition from home to school and have developed self-confidence and readiness for school. By October of SY 2003-2004, the program will be on its seventh year of implementation.
- In view of this, all regions are requested to submit a list of enrolees who are prospective Grade I pupils for the next school year not later than November 2. A Pre-test will be given to the pupils during the first week of November Private preschools and non¬government organizations shall be contracted as service providers. Allocation of classes by region for SY 2003-2004 is in Enclosure No. 1.
- For the effective implementation of the Program, refer to the Guidelines for the Organization of Classes for Preschool Service Contracting Scheme.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 38, s. 2002
Allotment: 1— (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: