DO 65, s. 2003 – Institutionalizing Research-Based Decision and Policy-Making in the Department
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Chiefs of Divisions
- To.institutionalize research-based decision and policy-making, this Department has expanded the roles of the ExeCom and the ProgCom and created the Research, Innovation and Policy Evaluation Secretariat (RIPES).
- This Order is being issued for the following reasons:
- To rationalize/prioritize the conduct of future research and innovation (R&l) undertakings in accordance with the DepEd research agenda;
- To establish a mechanism for a continuous inventory of all completed and future R&l outputs of the DepEd;
- To ensure deliberate utilization of R&l studies in the policy-making process by providing a regular venue for the awareness, appreciation, discussion and dissemination of these studies; and
- To advocate the implementation of notable and significant recommendations from the R&l outputs and deliberations.
- The following are hereby ordered:
- The ExeCom and the ProgCom shall serve as the clearing house and high-level bodies on all R&l activities of the Department;
- The RIPES will provide secretariat services to the ProgCom; and
- The ProgCom Research Review Teams (RRT) shall be organized based on the need and will be tasked to evaluate and recommend action on all the R&l concerns of the Department to the ProgCom.
- Technical, administrative and financial support shall be provided by the Third Elementary Education Project (TEEP) until such time that the RIPES will be totally absorbed by the Office of the Planning Service-Planning and Programming Division (OPS-PPD).
- Enclosed are the Terms of Reference and other details for the various stakeholders in this endeavor.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RESEARCH or STUDIES