DO 11, s. 2004 – 2004 Graduation Rites
February 23, 2004
DO 11, s. 2004
2004 Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
School Superintendents/District Supervisors
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The theme of the 2004 Graduation Rites shall focus on Education for a Strong Republic: Laying a Solid Foundation.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, this Office reiterates the Department’s policy on the collection of fees for graduation rites. School heads are reminded to observe the following:
- No non-academic project shall be imposed as a requirement for graduation;
- Public Schools are not allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution for graduation rites;
- PTA/PTCA’s may solicit voluntary contributions from their members for graduation ceremonies and celebrations. Teachers and principals should not be involved in the collection of these contributions. PTA/PTCA members should be informed about the use of any contribution for graduation;
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required.
- Contributions for the annual yearbook shall likewise be on a voluntary basis.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.