DO 17, s. 2004 – Creation of the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) has approved the merging of the Physical Facilities Division, Office of the Planning Service (PFD-OPS) with the Task Force Engineering, Assessment and Monitoring (TFEAM) to become the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED), effective December 1, 2003. The PFSED will remain as a division under the Office of Planning Service (OPS) directly under the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning.
- The organizational structure of PFSED and the staffing pattern are shown in Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2.
- The functions of PFSED are as follows:
- Formulate policies, plans, guidelines and standards relative to the school building program (SBP), school building repair and maintenance (SBRM), school furniture, and school mapping exercise (SME);
- Prepare designs, plans and cost estimates for all facilities, including school furniture;
- Conduct researchers and studies on new technologies for school building construction and furniture;
- Prepare the Annual Regular Schoolbuilding Program;
- Monitor the implementation of 90% of SBP undertaken by DPWH;
- Supervise the implementation of the unallocated 10% of SBP;
- Monitor the implementation of infrastructure projects as well as the repair, rehabilitation or maintenance of educational facilities, evaluate progress of work, and ensure that all specifications are followed;
- Evaluate requests for repair, rehabilitation and maintenance of educational facilities and submit appropriate recommendations;
- Give technical specifications of materials to be used in the construction, repair or maintenance of educational facilities to Procurement Service;
- Provide assistance in the conduct of technical evaluation of bids for infrastructure projects and school furniture;
- Inspect delivered infrastructure projects and school furniture;
- Develop and maintain an information system which will include data about physical facilities and structures and geographical information concerning the location of the school and its access to services;
- Provide information to government and private sectors on matters pertaining to educational facilities of SBP; and
- Perform other related functions.
- By virtue of the creation of PFSED, the TFEAM is hereby abolished. Contractual employees of TFEAM shall be absorbed by PFSED, subject to Civil Service rules and regulations.
- PFSED will become operational as soon as the created/reclassified positions per approved Notice of Organization, Staffing and Compensation Action (NOSCA No. 2003- 12-023) of DBM have been filled-up following prescribed Civil Service rules and regulations.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is directed.
Allotment; 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES