DO 20, s. 2004 – 2004 BEC-BASED Summer Classes Amended by DO 27, s. 2004 – Amendment and Clarification to DepED Order No. 20, s. 2004 (2004 BEC-Based Summer)
March 16, 2004
DO 20, s. 2004
2004 BEC-BASED Summer Classes
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- The Summer Classes based on the Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) shall be held six (6) weeks inclusive of Saturdays between April 19, 2004 and May 28, 2004 per DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2003. Private schools may deviate from this schedule provided that they notify their respective Regional Offices in advance.
- Teachers shall administer a diagnostic test to identify the students’ development areas as basis for the preparation of remedial lessons. The objective shall be to build on students’ prior knowledge and enable them to attain satisfactory mastery of the learning competencies.
- The daily sessions for the subjects that shall be offered under the Summer program shall be based on the following time allotment:
English – 3 hours AP – 2 hours EPIV – 1.5 hours
Filipino – 2.5. hours TLE – 2.5 hours
Mathematics – 3 hours MAPEH – 2.5 hours
Science – 4 hours EP l-III – 1.0 hour (I)
- The implementing guidelines of the BEC-based summer classes are enclosed. For more clarification, please contact Ms. Corazon L. Echano, Supervising Education Program Specialist, CDD, Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) at this telephone numbers (02) 632-1361 to 71 local 2062, 2063, 2064; telefax numbers (02) 632-7746 or 632-7586.
- Gross violation of the guidelines shall be sufficient cause for cancellation of permit to operate and denial of future request to operate summer classes. All rules and regulations inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
References: DECS Orders Nos. 12 and 64, s. 1998
Allotment: 1 – (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under following subjects.