DO 24, s. 2004 – Establishment of the Department of Education Election Task Force Operations Center in connection with May 10, 2004 National and Local Election
To: All Regional Directors
All Bureau Directors
School Division & City Superintendents
Heads of Public Elementary & Secondary Schools
All Heads of Services, Centers and Units
- In order to ensure close coordination and consultation between the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) and the Department of Education (DepEd), and their respective fields offices, in providing immediate technical, legal and other assistance to teachers on issues, concerns and problems that may arise before, during and after the conduct of the forthcoming MAY 10, 2004 national and local elections, a DepEd Election Task Force Operations Center is hereby established in the DepEd Central Office.
- The Task Force shall be composed of the following:
Chairperson – Undersecretary JOSE LUIS MARTIN C. GASCON, ESQ;
– Undersecretary JUAN MIGUEL M. LUZ;
– Asst. Secretary MARIO P. BRAVO;
– Asst. Secretary CAMILO MIGUEL M. MONTESA;
– MAXIMO C. ALJIBE, Director Ill, Administrative Services;
– Atty. MACUR D. MAROHOMBSAR, Chief, Legal Division;
– Atty. TITO LUIE GUIA, Office of the Undersecretary for Legal Affairs & Legislative Liaison;
– Mr. AIVAN LEO R. AMIT, Chief, DESCO; and
-Mr. LAMBERTO FRANCISCO A. RAMIREZ, Office of the
Undersecretary for Legal Affairs & Legislative Liaison.
- The Department of Educatioh Special Concerns (DESCO) Division shall serve as the National Secretariat.
- To facilitate horizontal and vertical linkages in providing technical and legal assistance to teachers and other DepEd personnel involved in the MAY 10, 2004 elections, a similar structure shall be established at the DepEd Regional Offices. The Regional Director shall be the chair and assisted by the Regional Administrative Officer. The Regional Director shall identify or constitute a unit in the regional office to serve as the regional secretariat of the Task Force at regional level. This Task Force Operations Center shall Iikewise cascade to the Division and District levels.
- The National Task Force, in coordination with its regional counterpart, shall prepare a work and financial plan immediately after the issuance of this Order.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: