DO 47, s. 2004 – Regular annual Collection and Processing of Formal Basic Education Data
To: Regional Directors
Regional Secretary – DepED ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The annual statistical activities of this Department start this school year with the distribution and collection of the data gathering forms designed for electronic processing using the Basic Education Information System (BEIS).
- The BEIS data gathering forms (copy enclosed) covering SY 2004-2005 consist of the following:
- Government Elementary School Profile
- Government Secondary School Profile
- Unified School Profile (for private elementary and secondary schools)
- The heads of the regional and divisional planning units shall jointly undertake the distribution, collection and processing of the accomplished forms.
- The cut-off date for the Government Elementary School Profile and Private School Profile remains as is, August 31. However, for the Government Secondary School Profile, the cut-off date is as of September 15 to capture the actual enrolment of the Bridge Program.
- District supervisors and heads of public elementary schools, secondary school principals, vocational school administrators and heads of private schools offering elementary and/or secondary education shall be held responsible and accountable for the prompt, complete and accurate filling up of the BEIS forms. They shall likewise be responsible for the submission of the duly accomplished forms to their respective division offices on or before September 30, 2004.
- The division offices shall electronically process the school profiles to produce the following outputs and shall submit the same on the following dates to their respective regional offices:
Outputs (in print and diskettes) Date BEIS-Quick Counts (public elementary and secondary schools) End of October 2004 District and Division Statistical Bulletins and BEIS- Performance Indicators Report End of January 2005
- The regional offices shall consolidate the division offices’ outputs to produce regional statistical bulletins. The regional statistical bulletins as well as the school district and division statistical bulletins produced by the division offices shall be submitted to the Research and Statistics Division (RSD), Office of the Planning Service (OPS), DepED Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City, in hard copies and in diskettes, on or before the end of February 2005. The RSD, OPS shall then consolidate the regional outputs to produce the Department’s statistical bulletin on or before the end of March 2005.
- Statistical bulletins produced by the regional offices shall be distributed to their respective division offices while those produced by the division offices shall be distributed to their respective district offices.
- The regional directors, schools division superintendents, district supervisors and school heads are advised to implement rigid validation procedures to ensure the completeness, accuracy and reliability of the data. These concerned field officials shall be held responsible and accountable for any inaccuracy or false data reported. The Central Office through the OPS will put in place a rigorous system of spot checking and validation at the central and field levels. Those who shall be found to be deliberately reporting false or inaccurate data shall be dealt with accordingly.
- Full attention and strict compliance with this Order is earnestly requested of all concerned to ensure the successful implementation of this annual statistical activity.
- This Order supersedes previous DepED Orders regarding annual collection and processing of basic education data.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 48, s. 2003 Allotment: 1—(D.0.1-57)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: