DO 49, s. 2004 – Guidelines in the Utilization of the Subsidy for the Regional Science High Schools for CY 2004
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional Science High School Principals
- For CY 2004, each of the seventeen (17) schools designated as Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) shall be given additional allocation of Two Million Pesos (P2,000,000.00) for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE). The amount shall be transferred to the respective schools in two (2) tranches through the Regional Offices concerned.
- The utilization of the said amount shall follow these specific guidelines:
15% or PhP300,000.00 Procurement of supplies and materials for Science, Mathematics and English only;
25% or PhP500,000.00 Procurement of instructional materials including textbooks/reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, professional books, CDs in Science, Mathematics and English including Internet subscription;
30% or PhP600,000.00 For payment of electric and water bills, maintenance and repair of previously owned science and mathematics equipment including upgrading of computers/printers;
12.5% or PhP250,000.00 For expenses for training/professional upgrading of all teachers/principals/OICs directly managing the RSHSs, including attendance in seminars that may be sponsored by DepED or other agencies;
12.5% or PhP250,000.00 Subsidy for student researches/projects; and
5% or PhP100,000.00 For extra essential services such as security services.
- The initial subsidy of P1,000,000.00 per school shall be released through the issuance by the DepED-CO of Sub-Allotment Release Orders (Sub-AROs). The cash requirement for the purpose shall be issued by the concerned DBM Regional Office pursuant to the provisions of the DBM and DepED Joint Circular No. 2004-1, the Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units.
- A report of liquidation of expenses including the list of Science and Mathematics supplies and materials procured by the school shall be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) not later than December 31, 2004, The enclosed format shall be used for the summarized liquidation of the amount.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 78, s, 2003 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects;