DO 52, s. 2004 – Implementing of Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) in Public and Private Secondary schools
August 31, 2004
DO 52, s. 2004
Implementing of Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) in Public and Private Secondary schools
To: Undersecretaries/ Asst. Secretaries
Bureau and Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads of Public and Private Secondary Schools
- As provided in DepEd Order No. 35, s. 2003, all public and private secondary schools are mandated to implement the Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) in the Fourth Year. Enclosure I provides the list of participants in the CAT Training held on May 13-16, 2003 at RELC, Marikina City. These trainers may be tapped to provide training to the teacher-facilitators in both public and private secondary schools.
- The school shall determine the program component of CAT that shall be offered (Military Orientation, Community Service, Public Safety and Law Enforcement) in accordance with Rule II General Provision, Section 2 of the Revised IRR to implement the National Service Program, to wit:
Section 2 Applicability. – These rules and regulations shall apply to all citizens of the Philippines who are obligated by law to render “National Service” in one or any combination of the three main programs as stated in Rule I hereof which the citizen may choose; provided that such service shall be credited in his/her favor for the purpose of fulfilling educational and other requirements established by law.
- The minimum requirement for the Course shall be completion of any component or any combination of its three program components, for a period of thirty-five (35) hours in a school year.
- Student performance in the program shall be rated on a Passed-Failed basis.
- The Regional and Division Offices shall monitor the implementation of the program and ensure that the guidelines are strictly complied with.
5.1 School uniforms (not military fatigue nor combat shoes) shall be used.
5.2 Military training (Cadet Officers, Candidate Course), drills and ceremonies are prohibited.
5.3 The teacher-facilitators, which may include the former CAT Commandants, shall handle CAT classes.
- Immediate dissemination and compliance with this Order is desired.
DepED Order: (No. 35, s. 2003)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: