DO 55, s. 2004 – Organization of Preschool Classes Under the Preschool Service Contracting Program for SY 2004-2005
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Private Preschools/NGOs
- Education for All (EFA) recommends the expansion of Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) coverage specifically for children in the disadvantaged areas. In support of this goal and the Department’s objective of reducing dropout and repetition rates particularly in Grades I to III, Preschool Service Contracting Program will continue its implementation in October 2004 to March 2005.
- Preschool Service Contracting Program is an alternative delivery system that provides early childhood experiences to prospective Grade I children by making use of available resources. These are the children in the fifth and sixth class municipalities, urban slums and relocation areas who are not accommodated in the PTCA-initiated preschools nor in the day care centers.
- Each region/division is encouraged to organize classes under this program. Private preschools and non-government organizations may be contracted for this purpose.
- The list of enrollees shall be submitted to the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) through the Curriculum Development Division (CDD) on or before October 29, 2004. Likewise, the Contract or Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) entered into with the Service Providers shall be submitted on the date stated to facilitate issuance of funding allotment.
- The guidelines for the implementation of the Program are enclosed.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 58, s. 2003
Allotment: 1-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: