DO 57, s. 2004 – Clarificatory Guidelines on the Unit Credits and the Grade in MAKABAYAN (Secondary Level)
October 18, 2004
DO 57, s. 2004
Clarificatory Guidelines on the Unit Credits and the Grade in MAKABAYAN (Secondary Level)
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- In view of the changes in the time allocation for Science and Araling Panlipunan from 400 minutes to 360 minutes/week and from 200 minutes to 240 minutes/week, respectively, the unit credits in these subjects are adjusted correspondingly as follows: Science shall be credited 1.8 units, and Araling Panlipunan, 1.2 units.
- Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) in the Fourth Year shall be treated as a separate subject and rated on a Passed-Failed basis. It shall carry a unit credit of 0.30.
- It is reiterated that the grade in Makabayan shall be computed based on the percentage weights of the component areas.
- Previous issuances that are inconsistent with this Order are amended accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
References: DepED Order: Nos. 34, s. 2003 and 52, s. 2004
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Learning Areas, MAKABAYAN AND SCIENCE