DO 57, s. 2004 – Clarificatory Guidelines on the Unit Credits and the Grade in MAKABAYAN (Secondary Level)
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- In view of the changes in the time allocation for Science and Araling Panlipunan from 400 minutes to 360 minutes/week and from 200 minutes to 240 minutes/week, respectively, the unit credits in these subjects are adjusted correspondingly as follows: Science shall be credited 1.8 units, and Araling Panlipunan, 1.2 units.
- Citizenship Advancement Training (CAT) in the Fourth Year shall be treated as a separate subject and rated on a Passed-Failed basis. It shall carry a unit credit of 0.30.
- It is reiterated that the grade in Makabayan shall be computed based on the percentage weights of the component areas.
- Previous issuances that are inconsistent with this Order are amended accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
References: DepED Order: Nos. 34, s. 2003 and 52, s. 2004
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Learning Areas, MAKABAYAN AND SCIENCE