DO 8, s. 2005 – 2005 Graduation Rites
February 28, 2005
DO 8, s. 2005
2005 Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
School Superintendents/District Supervisors
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The theme of the 2005 Graduation Rites shall focus on Schools First Initiative: Focus on Outcomes, The Graduates.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, this Office reiterates the Department’s policy on the collection of fees for graduation rites. School heads are reminded to observe the following:
- No non-academic project shall be imposed as a requirement for graduation;
- Public Schools are not allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution for graduation rites;
- PTA/PTCA’s may solicit voluntary contributions from their members for graduation ceremonies and celebrations. Teachers and principals should not be involved in the collection of these contributions. PTA/PTCA members should be informed about the use of any contribution for graduation;
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required;
- Contributions for the annual yearbook shall likewise be on a voluntary basis.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 11, s. 2004
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: