DO 18, s. 2005 – Submission of the Priority Lists of Schoolbuilding Projects to be Funded under the CY 2005 DepED Schoolbuilding Program
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The General Appropriations Act (GAA) for CY 2005 provides for a budgetary allocation of P2.0 Billion for the DepEd School building Program. Of this amount, P1 Billion shall be allocated by congressional district in accordance with the allocation criteria under RA 7880. The other P1 Billion is set aside to address the classroom requirements of schools categorized in the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) as Red and Black Schools. Attached are the Guidelines for the Preparation of the Priority Lists of School Buildings to be funded under the CY 2005 School Building Program based on the allocation criteria under RA 7880 (Annex A). A separate memo on the guidelines and allocation for the P1 Billion SBP for Red and Black Schools will be issued.
- In making the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each legislative district and the standard cost for the different project components. The Field Offices shall determine the specific allocation for elementary and secondary levels based on actual needs provided that the actual allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the legislative district. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Rooms Analysis of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) data (SY 2004-2005).
- Whenever possible, ocular inspection of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess current site conditions and to determine actual classroom needs/repair as well as the corresponding cost thereof.
- The project listings should be duly approved by both the Schools Division/City Superintendent and the District Engineer in consultation with the Representative concerned.
- The Priority Lists must be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division via Telefax No. (02) 633-72-63, on or before May 15, 2005.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS