DO 25, s. 2005 – Reviving the DepED Calamity, Disaster and Fire Control (CDFC) Group
Directors of Services/Centers and Head of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Recent calamities brought by series of typhoons and floods in some parts of the country and by man-made disasters brought by acts of terrorism, bombings, fires, etc. in major cities of the country expediently show the need to revive and mobilize the DepED Calamity, Disaster and Fire Control (CDFC) Group organized through DECS Order No. 61, s. 1990 and was revived/reconstituted and amended in DECS Order No. 56, s. 1995, DECS Order No. 14, s. 1997 and DECS Order No. 92, s. 1998.
- The group shall be composed of existing personnel and resources under the functional direction of the Office of the Secretary thru the Director of the Administrative Service, who is hereby assigned as the Chief, CDFC Group and the Chief Administrative Officer, General Services Division as the Deputy. A similar CDFC Group shall be organized in each bureau/service/center in the Central Office and offices in the region/division and school with the head of the office as the Deputy.
- The organizational structure of the CDFC Group and the functions of the different action units are indicated in Enclosures Nos. 1 and 2 respectively. A list of the newly designated CDFC Officers and their staff should be submitted to the Office of Director Maximo C. Aljibe, Chief, CDFC Group, DepED Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at tel no. (02) 635-0552 and telefax no. (02) 633-7223. The designations of the officers shall be valid until revoked.
- To ensure adequate preparation in coping with various forms of disaster, calamity, bombing and incidence of fire, all disaster control groups/units should submit their respective year round CDFC Preparedness Action Plan. (Enclosure No. 3 is the Action Plan for the Central Office).
- Budget for the Action Plan activities shall be sourced against the local funds subject to its availability and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DECS Order Nos.: 92, s. 1998; 14, s. 1997; 56 s. 1995; and 61, s. 1990
Allotment: 1–(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: