DO 36, s. 2005 – Regular Annual Collection and Processing of Formal Basic Education Data Amended by
To: Regional Directors
Regional Secretary – DepED ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The annual statistical activities of the Department start this school year with the distribution and collection of the data gathering forms designed for electronic processing using the Basic Education Information System (BEIS).
- The BEIS data gathering forms covering SY 2005-2006 consist of the following:
- Government Elementary School Profile
- Government Secondary School Profile
- Unified School Profile (for private elementary and secondary schools)
- The heads of the regional and divisional planning units shall jointly undertake the distribution, collection and processing of the accomplished forms.
- The cut-off date for the Government Elementary and Secondary School Profile and Private School Profile remains as is, August 31. Enclosed are the forms.
- District supervisors and heads of public elementary schools, secondary school principals, vocational school administrators and heads of private schools offering elementary and/or secondary education shall be held responsible and accountable for the prompt, complete and accurate filling up of the BEIS forms. They shall likewise be responsible for the submission of the duly accomplished forms to their respective division offices on or before September 30, 2005.
- The division offices shall electronically process the school profiles to produce the following outputs and shall submit the same on the following dates to their respective regional offices:
Outputs (in print and diskettes) – Date
BEIS – Quick Counts (public elementary and secondary schools) – End of October 2005
District and Division Statistical Bulletins and BEIS-Performance Indicators Report – End of January 2006
- The regional offices shall consolidate the division offices’ outputs to produce regional statistical bulletins. The soft copies of the regional statistical bulletins as well as the school district and division statistical bulletins produced by the division offices shall be submitted to the Research And Statistics Division (RSD), Office of Planning Service (OPS), on or before the end of February 2006. The RSD, OPS shall then consolidate the regional outputs to produce the Department’s statistical bulletin on or before the end of March 2006.
- Statistical bulletins produced by the regional offices shall be distributed to their respective division offices while those produced by the division offices shall be distributed to their respective district offices.
- The regional directors, schools division superintendents, district supervisors and school heads are advised to implement rigid validation procedures to ensure the completeness, accuracy and reliability of the data. These concerned field officials shall be held responsible and accountable for any inaccuracy or false data reported. The Central Office through the OPS will put in place a rigorous system of spot checking and validation at the central and field levels. Administrative sanctions shall be imposed on those officials who deliberately report false or inaccurate data.
- Full attention and strict compliance with this Order is earnestly requested of all concerned to ensure the successful implementation of this annual statistical activity.
- This Order supersedes previous DepED Order regarding annual collection and processing of basic education data.
Reference: DepED Order: No. 47, s. 2004
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: