DO 43, s. 2005 – Standard Constitution and By-Laws of the Supreme Student Government in Secondary School
July 28, 2005
DO 43, s. 2005
Standard Constitution and By-Laws of the Supreme Student Government in Secondary School
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- In recognition of the significant role and contributions of the Supreme Student Government (SSG) in the schools and in line with the Student Government Program (SGP) of the Department of Education-Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (DepED-CSCA), the enclosed Standard Constitution and By-Laws is hereby issued for implementation in all secondary schools.
- The objectives of the issuance of this Standard Constitution and By-Laws are to:
- strengthen the student governments and the studentry in all secondary schools;
- standardize this important instrument in school student governance in all secondary schools;
- provide easy reference in monitoring and evaluating the performance of the student governments;
- harness the student government as a partner in achieving quality education and academic excellence in schools; and
- make available real exposure, experience and learning in responsible and participative democracy and leadership.
- Beginning School Year 2005-2006 and every year thereafter, all public secondary schools nationwide shall strictly adopt this Standard Constitution and By-Laws in its entirety. Private secondary schools may freely adopt the same as they see fit.
- The election of the student government officers every February shall already reflect the new set-up and follow the structure, processes and requirements stated in the Standard Constitution and By-Laws.
- All School Principals are tasked to ensure and oversee the implementation of this Order in their respective schools. All Regional and Division Coordinators of the Student Government Program are required to report compliance with this Order to the Center for Students and Co- Curricular Affairs (CSCA), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
- All previous DepED Orders and Memoranda issued in regard to the Student Government Program not inconsistent with this Order shall remain in force and effect.
- For clarifications and queries, please call Mr. Joey G. Pelaez, CSCA Executive Director, at telefax numbers 631-8495 or 636-3603.
- Immediate and widest dissemination of this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: