DO 59, s. 2005 – Guidelines Procedures on the Realignment of Funds under the CY 2005 DepED Schoolbuilding
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Pursuant to the Special Provision of schoolbuilding projects provided in Republic Act No. 9336, otherwise known as the GAA, FY 2005, particularly Chapter I on DepED Schoolbuilding Programs, the following guidelines/procedures are hereby adopted to avoid legal and administrative complications affecting relocation of sites/realignment of funds/modification of projects:
- Schoolbuilding projects may be realigned in cases of unbalanced allocation of projects within the legislative district (for regular SBP implemented by DPWH) and within school division (for Red and Black schools DepED-administered projects), duplication of projects, overlapping of funding source and other similar cases;
- Realignment shall be allowed for projects within the same category and shall not exceed the total amount originally allocated for the congressional district or DepED school division. Provided, further that realignment is within the congressional district or DepED school division for which the funds were originally intended for;
- Request for realignment shall be made only after the issuance of the Special Allotment Release Order (SARO) by the Department of Budget
and Management (DBM), taking note of the valid period for obligation of said allotment, as well as the deadline stated in appropriate circulars relative to the submission of requests for realignments together with the required supporting documents, except in cases where applicable laws/regulations in connection with the implementation of the Schoolbuilding Program are specified;
- For the DPWH-administered/Regular Schoolbuilding Program, realignment shall be made upon the initiative of the DepED Schools Division Superintendent/District Engineer with the concurrence of the Representative of the district concerned;
- For the DepED-administered/Red and Black Schoolbuilding Program, realignment shall be made upon the recommendation of the Division Physical Facilities Coordinator or Division Engineer to the Schools Division Superintendent (SDS);
- The request shall be expressed in writing citing the specific name of the project, location and allocated amount to be realigned/relocated, and the reasons/justification for the realignment. Moreover, this request shall be supported by a Certification from the Principal or School Head that said project has been constructed or funded. Further, such request shall be supported by a Certificate of Availability of Funds issued by the DPWH/DepED Accountant stating that funds for the projects to be realigned are not yet obligated and are still available. The said Certification is necessary to serve as basis for DBM’s evaluation of the request; and
- Only written request for realignment, duly signed by the requesting party and other required signatories and with complete supporting documents shall be processed and acted upon.
- Wide dissemination of this Order to all concerned is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: