DO 9, s. 2006 – 2006 Graduation Rites
March 1, 2006
DO 9, s. 2006
2006 Graduation Rites
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents District Supervisors
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The 2006 Graduation Rites shall focus on the theme “Crossing the Thresholds: From Learning the Basics to Learning for Life”.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, this Office reiterates the Department’s policy on the conduct and collection of fees for graduation rites as contained in DepED Order No. 8, s. 2005, to wit:
- Public Schools are not allowed to collect any graduation fees or any kind of contribution for graduation rites;
- PTA/PTCAs may solicit voluntary contributions from their members for graduation ceremonies and celebrations. Teachers and principals should not be involved in the collection of these contributions. Use of such contributions for graduation shall be coordinated with and properly reported to the PTA/PTCA members;
- No non-academic project shall be imposed as a requirement for graduation;
- No extravagant special attire or extraordinary venue for the ceremonies should be required; and
- Contributions for the annual yearbook shall likewise be on a voluntary basis.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is hereby directed.
Reference: DepED Order: (No. 8, s. 2005) Allotment: 1- -(D.O 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: