DO 13, s. 2006 – School Readiness Assessment for All Grade One Entrants School Year 2006-2007
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- Pursuant to DepED Order No. 15, s. 2005, which calls for the administration of School Readiness Assessment for All Grade One Entrants, all incoming Grade 1 for school year 2006-2007 shall undergo a school readiness assessment using the revised tool. The School Readiness Assessment (SRA) will be administered by the Grade 1 teachers to be assisted by the Grades II, III and master teachers of their respective schools. This assessment shall be administered twice. The first assessment shall be given on the 2nd week of May 2006. The second shall be administered after the children have undergone the 8-week curriculum, focusing on the competencies not manifested by the child during the first assessment.
- The SRA will determine the level of progress of Grade 1 entrants across different developmental domains that are critical in tracking Grade 1 learning competencies. The result shall be the basis for grouping the Grade 1 entrants. It will be also used to guide Grade 1 teachers in providing appropriate instruction and assistance to address specific needs of the pupils through the utilization of the 8-week curriculum.
- The assessment shall not be treated as an entrance test or examination as children may get anxious about passing or failing. No child shall be refused entry to Grade 1 based on the results of this assessment.
- The submission of accomplished SRA Forms 1, 2, and 3 (copies enclosed) for the first administration will be on June 30, 2006 and September 1, 2006 for the second administration. All accomplished forms shall be submitted to Mr. Eldy U. Onas, Curriculum Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education, Rm. 204 Bonifacio Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City 1600 with tel. nos.: (02) 632-1361 locals 2055, 2174 and 2161; Direct Line: (02) 638-4799; Fax Nos.: (02) 637-4347 or 633-7270; and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
As stated Reference:
DepED Order: (No. 15, s. 2005) Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: